Having health insurance protection is important for everyone. As an agent with BHI, I offer residents of San Jose, and the surrounding communities, a choice when it comes to their health care options.
Health Insurance in San Jose
Today’s health insurance market is always changing, and we understand that navigating this ever-evolving landscape can be tough. But don’t let that deter you from seeking coverage. Everyone needs health insurance. That is why we aim to make the health insurance buying experience user-friendly, simple to understand and you may even enjoy the process.
Health Insurance for Residents of San Jose
San Jose Residents are fortunate to be living in a city that has a government leading the way in creating a healthier home for its residents. Some of the initiatives that make San Jose a Gold Medal city include:
- Raising the age to buy tobacco products to 21, making it harder for young people to start the life-altering habit.
- Participation in Complete Streets allowing residents to safely walk, bike, drive and take public transit around their community.
- Passing smoke-free laws to prevent damage sustained by non-smokers due to secondhand smoke.
But healthy stats don’t necessarily mean you should ditch your health insurance. Santa Clara County, where San Jose is located, has over 127,000 residents who are uninsured. While you may be fit and feeling great today, things can change quickly. Fomeanr a generally healthy person, finding affordable coverage is just a few clicks away.
Health sharing plans are ACA-compliant, cover the essentials you need, and save you cash by leaving out what you don’t. Other benefits include:
- Flexible enrollment – Obamacare plan only allows you to enroll three months during the year. With our Obamacare alternatives offer year-round enrollment
- Allows you to keep your family healthy – Coverage is there for the things your family needs like physicals and vaccines, plus health-forward counseling to keep the whole family healthy
- Help to avoid the Obamacare tax penalty – While this was a major draw for those looking outside the marketplace for health insurance, the tax penalty will be history in 2019. However, plans offered under Covered California are still a viable option for those needing affordable health care coverage, and people should not toss out their coverage altogether.
Covered California Plans
For 2019 there are four companies San Jose residents can choose from. The health insurance companies represent a mix of major insurers and smaller companies, regional and statewide doctor and hospital networks, and for-profit and nonprofit plans, while delivering exceptional value and flexibility with an array of affordable premiums, a wide choice of benefit levels and access to good doctors and hospitals throughout the state. These companies include:
- Anthem Blue Cross of California
- Blue Shield of California
- Kaiser Permanente
- Valley Health Plan
Alternative Options for Health Insurance
We know that traditional health insurance may not be the best option for every family. That is why we are glad to provide alternative options like Aliera Plans. Aliera is a HealthSharing plan that allows groups of people with the same ethical or religious beliefs to come together to share in each other’s medical costs. Different from traditional health insurance plans, the members of the group are dedicated to paying a monthly amount towards qualifying medical expenses the group may incur.
While the concept is not new, some groups have been around since the 80s, and are increasing in popularity due to the rising cost of medical care and the trouble many residents have found in gaining suitable health care coverage.
Our goal is to be your one stop shop for all thing’s health care. Whether you are looking for a doctor in San Jose or shopping for the lowest cost policies, we are here to help you.