Eye care because you care
FACT: We spend an average of 10 hours a day looking at a computer or phone screen – not the best thing for your eye health. Like every other part of our bodies, our eyes are subject to wear and tear, and you can’t overlook the importance of keeping them in top shape.
The simple truth is that thanks to increasing reliance on technology, vision insurance plans are now more important than ever.
Our individual vision plans mean you’ll be properly prepared for the costs of frames, lenses, and sunglasses. We’re talking about discounts up to 50%, plus added incentives for mail-order contact lens replacement, as well as discounts on corrective surgery, in case you’re looking for a more permanent solution.
Our unrivaled vision insurance comes with easy-to-see savings and benefits:
- 50% off frames, lenses and sunglasses
- Choose from plan options that include mail-order contact lens replacement
- Discounts on necessary surgical procedures to correct common vision problems
Vision benefits and Obamacare
While Obamacare considers vision coverage an “essential health benefit” for children, Obamacare plans do not offer vision benefits for anyone over the age of 19. And sadly, your eyes don’t just get better at 19. In many cases, your vision gets worse with age.
The good news? Many common eye diseases, including glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and age-related macular degeneration, are considered medical problems and therefore covered under Obamacare.
Even still: Adding on vision benefits can be a boost for your health, your productivity, and your peace of mind.
Find The Right Plan For You
Whether seeking a plan to cover routine eye care or coverage for more significant eye issues, take the time to compare your options carefully. Make sure you have the right benefits for now and for future changes in your vision.
Start by looking at what basic services are covered, such as eye exams, glasses frames, lenses, and contact lenses. Then consider the following:
- Which option offers the services and benefits that are best for my family’s needs?
- Which vision insurance plan offers me the biggest savings?
- Does the plan offer a large network that includes private practitioners, online retailers, and retail locations like LensCrafters?
- What kind of customer service reputation does the plan provider have?
More choices mean more ways to find the best vision insurance plan for your family.
Those choices include reliable names like Assurant, Humana, VSP, and Anthem Blue Cross.